Skip to main content
Submitted by tolosana on Thu, 06/01/2017 - 03:13

We have a problem connecting a DMC 30012 point to point from my PC.

What configuration should I have for that?

What IP address and Subnet mask should I have? I want to connect DMC 30012 directly to my PC by ethernet wire (Point to point).

Before it, should I connect it by RS-232 to configure it or doesn’t matter? It’s mandatory connect it the first time by RS-232 or I can do it by ethernet wire?

Thanks.

Dario

Comments 1

MichaelC_Galil on 06/01/2017 - 16:22

Hello Dario,

My name is Michael Cox, and I am an applications engineer with Galil.

In order to communicate with our products over Ethernet, you will want to set a static IP on the network interface card you want to use to communicate. The IP address can be anything you want that is valid (192.168.1.1 works great), and the subnet mask should be set such that controllers with IP's that you set can be communicated with (255.255.255.0 will work).

You do not need to configure via the RS-232 port prior to your first connection over Ethernet, our controllers are able to be assigned an IP over Ethernet for first time connections.

Once this is done, you should be able to listen over GDK for IP requests coming in over Ethernet. You can then set the IP of the controller. If you have issues getting this to work, feel free to send me an email (michaelc AT galil DOT com) or call in to our support line directly: (916) 626-0101.

Sincerely,

Michael Cox
Applications Engineer
Galil Motion Control